Saturday, December 19, 2009

IF: Undone

working

I posted this initially, simply, under the heading "working". But it more closely illustrates "undone" for me, since when I painted it I was having trouble finishing much of anything.

I think all artists have phases like this. At the time I was wanting to storyboard some images from our Canada trip, make a value study for India Nativity, streamline a story, and also get out into the Real World and attend some jolly networking type events. It's hard to do any of that when you are struggling with an inarticulate scribble that just will not -- try as you might -- settle into anything cohesive.

1 comment:

Debra Kay said...

That's pretty much my life right now...LOL. I'm did a scribble today too-and it mirrors yours (I didn't see yours before I did mine). I am strangely comforted by the fact that someone out there "gets it".