Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sketchbook tour begins!




If you find yourself in or around Austin, TX for the SXSW festivities this week, I would love it if you visited the Austin Museum of Art to browse around the 2011 Sketchbook Project Tour.

I really can't give you a good way to find mine by sight, it's shamefully blank on the outside. But it's in the theme Boys and Girls, and maybe they'll have them categorized by theme? I'm from Portland and turned mine in only JUST in time, if they have them organized by turn-in date or place of origin. My last name is "Nichols" but of course it may also be under the name "Simply Kumquat", if they're arranged by name.

If you go and see it, please get in touch with me and let me know your impressions of the set-up there. My first opportunity to see the show won't be until June 10-12 when it hits Seattle, and even then that's really close to a friend's wedding and Anthony's graduation. So I'm hoping I can go see it. But until then I'm relying on your descriptions. Don't leave me hanging!

March 12, 2011 / 12:00-6:00pm
Austin Museum of Art
823 Congress Ave
Austin, TX

March 13th, 2011 / 12:00-6:00pm
29th St Ballroom at Spider House
2906 Fruth St
Austin, TX