Friday, August 3, 2012

Progress

It has been a hectic few weeks, but it looks as though things are calming down enough for me to get back to my desk. Just about. I have a painter's marathon ahead of me -- five pictures (or is it six? Oh dear.) to finish by the end of the month, when company comes into town and the next vacation begins.

Getting Dressed

Despite the busy I have been spending a lot of time on the phone. A dear friend of mine is getting married in September (the reason I will be on vacation, in fact,) and so we've been talking a lot about her varied adventures prior to the momentous occasion. Yesterday she was describing the process of converting the train of her bridal gown into a bustle, which involves something like seventeen hooks and ribbons. It is also something she is not herself able to do, being already sashed up and in four inch heals. And so she had to have someone in the bridal party trained up on Converting The Bustle. This process was also video taped, in case someone else has to do it. I have seen the dress in a bag, and I have seen it on her in a tiny cell phone picture, but I have not seen the results of the four (or was it five?) alterations, nor have I seen the bustle. I'm sure it will be beautiful but at the moment all I can think of is how ludicrous it must feel to be immersed in all that tulle.

.