Sunday, October 13, 2013

Your wish is granted

your wish is granted

Back in June I was informed that I was one of the recipients of the Regional Arts & Culture Council's Professional Development grant.

pay to the order of

You can use such a thing for many things, but I have used it to print up objects for this year's big promotional packet. Which has meant a lot of quiet work behind the scenes, getting everything ready.

logo finding

business cards

Redesigning business cards, logos and so forth.

make a print

Printing samples and preparing artwork for smaller materials: postcards, greeting cards.

envelopes

And of course: addressing great big envelopes to publishers.

to do list

It's no exaggeration to say that there is no way I could have produced all this printed material all at once without RACC's financial assistance. To put this in perspective: the huge box of blank envelopes I got to contain my packets (and many future packets) was roughly the equivalent half my weekly housecleaning earnings.

It's been a tremendous help for me, and having this financial burden lifted from my shoulders has opened up other opportunities for me. (Like being able to get my ticket to the big illustration conference next summer!)

Thank you, RACC, for being amazing and supporting artists.

racc credits