Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Secret handshakes

bookbook

This is about all I'm going to show you of what I'm working on right now.

The primary text is the book on the top of this stack -- the actual story highlighted in red -- everything else is reference. Lots and lots of delicious, glorious reference.

There's a thing called a "non-disclosure agreement" in creative work -- it exists during the speculative period often right up through production. It is NOT, I hasten to add, in play here. There are much more practical reasons this juicy monster needs to be kept under wraps for the present. But it's something I'm keeping in mind here as I quietly reveal that I AM working on something, please don't forget about me internet, but that I want to keep details hush hush until the Big Reveal. (Which, hopefully, will be around late December.)

Keeping secrets is hard to do when you're so used to documenting your process publicly in a place like this. Particularly if it's something like this, which is fairly time-consuming and leaves little time for other, shareable pictures.

And I like sharing pictures.

But it's a busy get-to-work time, so that's what it must be at present. You'll just have to bear with me.

In the meantime, you might consider my fish considering this tiny snail.

new snails

We have five little snails that have accidentally set up residence in our fishtank -- possibly stowaways on the new plant? It's hard to say. They sure are cute though.

.